HOMEMADE PERFECT SPRING SALAD
You may know or may not know, I love salads very much!! And since the springtime season (my favorite season) has started, I would like to share with you one of my all-time favorite salads! During the springtime mini strawberries and snap peas are the best at least in Colorado!! Snap peas add a great crunch and a little extra sweetness to this salad, that is why I like them!! Strawberries add color and sweetness too!! I love to have this salad before I dance because it has a lot of color in it which makes it perfect for spring!! And is not to filling which makes it nice to have right before dancing! Small but mighty!!
It is simple but sweet!!
- Organic baby spring mix 2 cups(I like to get the box by simple truth, they sell all kinds of mixed salads only it is all fresh and in a giant box!! Perfect for those who eat lots of salad!!) They always have great deals on it too, you cant miss it!!:)
- a handful of fresh mint
- two perfect pinches of fresh thyme
- about 12 large strawberries sliced however you please
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped (or if your like me, throw in a little more because ya like things nutty:)!!)
- 1/4 purple onion finely diced
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- two tablespoons local honey
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of ground white pepper
- a little less than half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Toss together and enjoy!!
Beautiful, colorful, and loads of health!!